Spreadsheets & Tools
Contact Albert De Vries with any questions or comments.
Set up a capital budget for a new dairy facility.
Evaluation of consequences of changes in herd management and prices on dairy farms. This program has monthly time steps, seasonality, and dynamic programming
Save the .exe and .xlsm files in the same directory and enable macros.
- Version 2.1: dairyvip21.exe and dairyvip21.xlsm (released 6 January 2015)
- Version 1.4: dairyvip1.4.exe and dairyvip1.4.xlsm (released 28 June 2012)
- Version 1.1: dairyvip1.1.exe and dairyvip1.1.xls (released 03 March 2007)
- Documentation: The DairyVIP Program to Evaluate the Consequences of Changes in Herd Management and Prices on Dairy Farms
Evaluation of consequences of changes in herd management and prices on dairy farms.
- Online version http://devries.ifas.ufl.edu
Metamodel of economic evaluation of stall stockng density. Journal of Dairy Science. 99:3848–3857 http://dx.doi.org/10.3168/jds.2015-10556
Spreadsheet to evaluate consequences of changes in herd management and prices on dairy farms. Enable macros.
- Version 14.
- Documentation in forthcoming. If questions, please contact Albert De Vries at email@example.com
Calculate the economic feasibility of anaerobic manure digesters on Florida dairy farms.
- Spreadsheet: Digester1.1.xls
- Documentation: Using the Digester Spreadsheet to Calculate the Economic Feasibility of Anaerobic Manure Digesters on Florida Dairy Farms
Calculate how much you can afford to pay for heifers.
Estimating nitrogen leaching.
- Spreadsheet: DNFDFM.xls
- Documentation: Dynamic North Florida Dairy Model to estimate N leaching
- Spreadsheet: Circular_1196_revised.xls
- Documentation: Managing Dairy Manure Accountably: Worksheets for Nutrient Budgeting